Monday, December 7, 2009

First Post in Awhile...


I was about to take a hiatus from stamping for awhile since I finished all my Christmas cards a long time ago. But I saw this sketch on http://sweetstopsketches.blogspot.com/ and knew I had to try it. My family in other states say I do not send enough pictures of my kids so I decided to make photo cards to get rid of some of the duplicates or photos I don't want. This one is of my son at the river. I think my dad is an excellent photographer and even though this picture doesn't show my son's face it still evokes feeling. At least I think so :). The kit I used for all the paper on this card is Close To My Heart "Promise of Spring". I love the patterned paper, I think it is so elegant. And right now the whole kit with some embellishments is on sale for $5.00. It is a great deal! The ribbon is Stampin UP! and then I used some Plain Jane chipboard that was gifted to me and some rhinestones. Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice layout...love all the paper textures and color scheme goes so nicely together!
    linda http://www.backtopaper.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful idea! So glad you liked our sketch enough to use it for your photo card :). Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete

Followers